Dental care is a lifelong journey. Your teeth don’t ever get a vacation, and you can’t take a vacation from caring for your teeth either. Good dental hygiene habits will help your teeth go the distance for you as you age. However, what happens when you’re on vacation and traveling many miles? It can be challenging to keep up with your dental care when you’re on the road or in the air.
Dental Tips While Traveling
- Start your journey with a good brush and floss. If you know you’ll be away from a sink for an extended amount of time, be sure to do one last good cleaning and flossing before you hit the road.
- Pack teeth-friendly snacks. Take time to purchase and pack snacks that are good for travel and your teeth. Try to avoid sugary processed foods that can lead to cavities. Pack fruits, veggies, cheese, and crackers. Crispy fruits and vegetables, like celery, apples, and carrots, can help clean your teeth and freshen your breath at the same time.
- Keep your toothbrush accessible. If you’re flying, keep your toothbrush and toothpaste in your carry-on bag, so it’s easily accessible. Take a break from the in-flight movies and take a trip to the bathroom for a quick brush to clean your teeth and freshen your breath.
- Reach for sugarless gum. Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum has many benefits for your teeth. It can reduce the quantity and development of plaque. It can reduce your symptoms of dry mouth and neutralizes acids in your mouth.
- Choose water over sugary drinks. Water has many dental benefits. Choose it over drinks that will cause harm to your dental health.
For all of your local, expert dentistry needs, you can rely on Jefferson Dental Care. Our family practice offers a range of general, restorative, and cosmetic treatment options for patients from every walk of life. Come in and see us today.
Posted on behalf of Jefferson Dental Care