Our patients safety remains our top priority. We are aware there are questions and concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its health risks. The staff at Jefferson Dental is closely monitoring the situation and the recommendations from the CDC and the ADA for the safety of our patients and staff.
We have always taken precautions to ensure patient safety by following OSHA regulations and guidelines.
- Thoroughly disinfecting operatories between each patient
- Sterilizing instruments between each use
- Staff and Doctors wash their hands and use hand sanitizer in between seeing every patient
In addition, we have increased our routine efforts for patient and staff safety by:
- Sanitizing our front lobby, front desk, and back office hourly
- Providing alcohol wipes, in addition to hand sanitizer
- Reinforcing illness prevention procedures with all Jefferson Dental staff as recommended
In the following circumstances, we request that you call our office prior to your appointment to reschedule:
- If you have been sick in the last few days and have had a fever, chills, or a cough
- If you have traveled outside of the US to China, Iran, Japan, Italy, or South Korea
- If you have been in contact with anyone who has been ill within the last 14 days
Please know that our priority is to keep our patients and staff healthy and we will continue to monitor new information. Please keep abreast of recommendations made by the CDC as they are changing day-to-day (www.cdc.gov).
Thank you for joining us in this effort to stop the spread of this virus.