People with a beautiful smile often seem to have more confidence than those whose smiles are less than perfect. It is probably due to the fact that your teeth are visible to almost everyone you meet. Whether you are speaking, smiling, laughing, or yawning, people can see your teeth. If you are self-conscious about how your smile looks, you may not be exuding the confidence that you wish you had.
Composite dental bonding is a simple procedure that can help you improve the look of your smile in a short amount of time. In fact, many repairs to your smile can be made in a single visit, and you can leave with a brand new smile that you are ready to show off!
Composite dental bonding uses a material known as a composite resin to repair a tooth or teeth. Most commonly used for chipped teeth, cracked teeth, gapped teeth, discolored teeth, or to fill a cavity, the composite resin is a durable material that can restore your natural smile.
Once you make an appointment for composite dental bonding, your procedure will be relatively short and completely painless. If you are not having a cavity restored, the use of anesthesia will not be needed at all.
Composite bonding involves the following steps:
- The composite resin will be color-matched so that it blends in with your natural teeth.
- The tooth (or teeth) that is being repaired will be brushed with an etching liquid that will allow the composite resin to adhere to the tooth.
- The resin will be applied, and it will be shaped to achieve the desired look.
- Once the right shape is reached, a special curing light will be used to harden, or “bond,” the composite resin to the natural tooth.
- The resin will be polished so that its sheen blends in seamlessly with your smile.
Many people are surprised to learn how easily they can restore and repair their smiles. They have this idea that it will be too involved and cost too much money – but that is simply not the case. Composite dental bonding is a procedure that has helped many dental patients gain confidence in their smiles.
Contact Jefferson Dental Care to learn more.
Posted on behalf of Jefferson Dental Care